Bob has over 30 years of experience working with boards and C-suite level executives on critical organizational and talent management issues. He spent 25 years in senior level operating roles with two global executive search organizations, Spencer Stuart and Korn/Ferry International. Earlier in his career, he had 10 years of business experience in various capacities with Booz Allen Hamilton and Arcata Corporation.
Although he has recruited CEOs for well-known organizations such as Oakley, Levi Strauss, Burger King and the National Football League, he has focused the last 15 years on talent acquisition projects in small/midsize private equity backed companies as well as in companies with existing strong founder inspired cultures. Examples of CEOs in this segment include Boa Technology, Drybar, 5.11 Tactical, G-Form, and Zildjian Company.
His industry focus has been consumer/lifestyle brands, health/wellness/nutrition, specialty retail, food service and outdoor/performance/action sports. Functionally, Bob has recruited CEOs, Board Directors and other strategically important C-Suite executives.
Bob’s ability to identify and differentiate between leaders and professional managers, along with his general business acumen and success in talent management, have led him to advisory roles in many companies. He presently serves on the following boards.
• Chairman, SHEEX, Inc. – Sheex is a rapidly growing leader in performance bedding and apparel, founded by two former elite athletes—Michelle Marciniak and Susan Walvius.
• Independent Director, TRX Training – TRX is a well-known leader in the fitness industry, founded by a Navy SEAL, Randy Hetrick.
• Advisory Board Director, The Avedis Zildjian Company – Zildjian is the market leader in cymbals and drumsticks. The company is almost 400 years old and is matriarchic-led by Craigie Zildjian.
• Advisory Board Director, Pearsports – Pearsports is the market leader in providing real time audio coaching to the fitness and health industry.
• Investment Advisory Board Member, Innovate Partners – Innovate is an operationally oriented private investment company focused on growth stage venture capital and early stage private equity.
• Board Director, Special Operations Fund – The fund was founded by a former National Security Council member and Ambassador, David Miller. The fund provides scholarships and other assistance to the Tier One Special Operations community.
In addition, Bob is a franchisee for the Johnny Rockets restaurant group.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Industrial Economics and a master’s degree, both from the Krannert School of Business at Purdue University.