Areas of expertise: Serving the inter-collegiate athletics landscape with an emphasis on Director of Athletics and head coaching searches
- Hired and mentored elite coaches including national coaches of the year Gary Patterson (TCU), Dawn Staley (South Carolina), Tracy Smith (ASU), and Jim Schlossnagle (TCU.)
- Elevated the athletic programs at TCU, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Miami and VMI with record fund-raising and facilities upgrades.
Involved in the $485 million redevelopment of Texas A&M’s football stadium, Kyle Field. The project was the largest stadium redevelopment in college football history.
- Named Athletics Director of the Year in 2003/2004 and Regional Athletics Director of the year twice in 2010/2011 by NACDA.
- He has been a featured speaker at numerous conventions, including the NCAA Champions Forum, to speak on diversity issues in athletics; and the American Football Coaches’ Association, to guide aspiring assistant coaches on how to become a head coach.
- Has had several Heisman Trophy finalists including the winner in 2012 while at Texas A&M.
- Academic success by student-athletes has increased through APR/GPA everywhere Eric has served.
- Has developed comprehensive, long-term Strategic Plans for his departments to achieve defined, attainable goals aligning fund-raising and all external efforts with the universities.
THE HYMAN FILE
Athletics Work History
2016: Auburn University, (COO, Interim)
2012-2016: Texas A&M University (AD)
2005-12: University of South Carolina (AD)
1998-05: TCU (AD)
1995-98: Miami University (AD)
1990-95: North Carolina State University (Executive Associate AD)
1984-90: Virginia Military Institute (AD)
1982-84: Furman University (Associate AD)
1975-82: Furman University (Assistant Football Coach)
1973-75: Furman University (Graduate Assistant Football Coach)
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC – Bachelor’s Degree in Education 1973
Furman University, Greenville, SC – Master’s Degree in Education Administration 1975[/vc_column_text]